Thursday, January 26, 2012

Post 5: -8 Days (The Art of Boxing)

Last night I packed my first box. I started with my stuffed animals....I didn't realize until I had to pack them how much of a biased I have towards dogs and teddy bears! Interesting things you find out about yourself when you have to consolidate your life into boxes. I'm also going to be getting rid of a lot of my things....that's going to be interesting. It's finally starting to sink in that I'm leaving in a day over a week. It's getting pretty intense...I'm seeing on some of the groups that people are already down there and they're posting updates, someone will throw up a post and say "Hey I'm off work today, who wants to go to Hollywood Studios?" My reaction: UGH YOU LUCKY BUG! I'm so excited....I'm imagining having a day off, no plans, and just casually being able to say "Meh, lets go to Disney World today, I'm bored." ReFISHulous!! This, of course, will be after homework and studying for classes. I'm taking one Disney Class, and I'll be signing up for one online class with my College this weekend after I get paid, hopefully and American History class.

As I stated previously, I'm flying, so I'll have to figure out what I want with me that I'll really need, and leave the rest in PA to be shipped as I have money for it. If you are going to be flying, make sure you check with the airline to see what their regulations are as to baggage; I am flying AirTran, and I am limited to a suitcase that must be under 50lbs, a carry-on, and a laptop/camera case. 
If you also happen to be flying AirTran, here is the link to the website with the regulations...read very carefully. There's alot of picky details. 

http://www.airtran.com/policies/carry-on_checked.aspx

This weekend I plan on getting my shopping done, I'm going to a local salvation army (super cheap second hand store) and I'm going to be getting all my business clothes and maybe see if they have any cheap decent shorts. If you are curious as to what exactly will be required of you as far as hairstyle, glasses, and Disney's definition of 'Professional attire,' this is the link to the page about the "Disney Look." 

http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/onboarding/fl/working-here/disney-look/overview/

That's about it for today. My glasses look like they should be arriving sometime today (yay!). If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them, and I'll do my best to get an answer to you as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment